capricorn, vegan, RBF queen
Thursday, March 23, 2017
"I'm getting more basic as I age," she dictates to her rose-gold iPhone as she sips her coffee from the #muglife cup she found on clearance at Target.
Wednesday, December 28, 2016
New Year's Resolutions
Just so I have it in writing:
Spend less money on material things.
Exercise. On a regular basis - at least 3 times a week.
Set up monthly charitable contributions.
Organize my spices (it really is chaos).
Take a solo trip somewhere.
Saturday, December 24, 2016
If there is a first thing to know about me, it's that I like to make lists. Yes, among many other qualities that my Mom assures me I have, I also have a penchant for the noble art of list-making (Listography?); "to-do" lists that scarcely get done, shopping lists I almost never stick to, party supply lists for theme parties I will never have. I keep them everywhere: in my head, on tiny scraps of paper that I will never find again, in text messages to myself - the draft section of my Gmail account is solely dedicated to a constant rotation of lists. (You can imagine how dangerous Buzzfeed listicles are for me: can't even see the light from down in that hole. )
A second thing to know? I love Christmas music. Of all caliber. I don't discriminate, I collect. To give you a visual: there are currently 620 songs in my Holiday playlist on iTunes (and those are just the mp3s). I have, and play on repeat, everything from Nat King Cole's 'The Christmas Song' to an Ozzy Osbourne and Jessica Simpson duet of 'Winter Wonderland' (it's magic). I take my Christmas music very seriously (though I do respect the bounds of human tolerance and only play it between November 25th and January 1st). Whether it be classic, remixed, a capella, TV Special, instrumental, or so-bad-it's-entertaining (hi, John Travolta), I must have it!
So, in a particularly satisfying merger of two things that I love, here is a list of some Christmas albums I've been favoring this year:
- Merry Christmas  Mariah Carey; favorite tracks: All I want for Christmas Is You, Chistmas (Baby Please Come Home), I Miss You Most (At Christmastime) & Jesus Oh What a Wonderful Child
- Chistmas Kisses  Ariana Grande
- Braxton Family Christmas  The Braxtons; favorite tracks: Mary Did You Know? & O Holy Night (A Capella)
- Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album Volume 4  Glee Cast; favorite tracks: Here Comes Santa Clause (Right Down Santa Clause Lane), Mary's Little Boy Child & Away In A Manger
- Christmas Party  She & Him; favorite tracks: Christmas Don't Be Late & Must Be Santa
- Wrapped In Red  Kelly Clarkson; favorite tracks: Underneath the Tree, Blue Christmas & Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel
- This Christmas Time  Lonestar; favorite tracks: Please Come Home For Christmas, Little Drummer Boy, Reason for the Season & Winter Wonderland
- Another Rosie Christmas  Rosie O'Donnell; Nuttin' For Christmas (ft. Smashmouth) & Merry Christmas From The Family (ft. The Dixie Chicks)
Next year? Look forward to a definitive ranking of the best rendition of every Christmas Song ever recorded.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)